Posts Tagged ‘African Americans’
BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY WINS MISS USA TITLE!–Deshau Barber Crowned Miss USA 2016 | MadameNoire — GOOD BLACK NEWSJune 7, 2016
FROM MENELIK CHARLES ON FACEBOOK
Curves, clothes and colored girls…
Whether petite ‘n’ chic, medium ‘n’ marvelous, or thick ‘n’ delicious, Black women carry off clothes like Father Christmas carrying a sack load of presents. He makes it look so easy. The weird thing with many Black women is that the ‘trashy’ women among them often look just as delicious as the sought-after Black dimes.
This is because Black women start off with noticeable genetic and aesthetic advantage over women of other races. That is, more attractive features, skin coloring, and a slow ageing process means the only real difference between a trashy-looking Black woman and a classy-looking one are the clothes!
But even then, trashy clothes often look spectacularly sexy on Black women because of those crazy colored-girl curves, and their cat-like, elegant, auras!
Cosmetic surgery, lip implants, sun beds and Botox are scant consolation for other races of women in this respect. The advantages Black women have are overwhelming and insurmountable. The one area which is, sadly, proving to be the undoing of many Black-American and Caribbean women is their general lack of feminine attitude, and behavior.
So while ‘clothes maketh the man’, it is the feminine personality (not her clothes) which maketh the woman. I sometime wonder whether Black women of America and the Caribbean will ever truly realise and appreciate this simple fact. But that’s a subject for another day.
In the mean time let’s just enjoy the kaleidoscope of color, clothes and curves our sisters present to us each and every day…and be thankful 🙂
(c) Menelik Charles.
GALLATIN, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities in Tennessee have released video of a shooting in which a white police officer kills a black woman who was approaching him while wielding a medieval-style ax. The Tennessean reports that the video, released Thursday, shows Gallatin Officer James Spray telling 40-year-old Laronda Sweatt, who was holding the ax, to…
BLACK BEAUTY WEDS BLACK BEAUTY!!!!!-BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY OOOO!–WHAT BEAUTIFUL BLACK CHILDREN THEY WILL MAKE!–FROM DARKSKINNEDWOMEN<3 ON FACEBOOK-THE COUPLE ARE BRELYNN AND TIM BOWMAN!!!March 11, 2016
I don’t think the words are meant to take a shot at you and your significant other. It’s people proud to see black love in a world where regardless of if you don’t see it that way , race is very important. And black people were taught that white is right and pretty babies come from being mixed. …See More
FROM FACEBOOK BY ADEGBOYEGA SHAMSIDEEN THOMPSON
AREGBESOLA OOOO!- PHOTO NEWS: Aregbesola Visits African Heritage Research Library AND Cultural Centre,ADEYIPO VILLAGE,IBADAN,OYO STATE-FROM OSUN DEFENDER NEWSPAPERMarch 4, 2016
PHOTO NEWS: Aregbesola Visits African Heritage Research Library and Cultural Centre,Adeyipo Village,Ibadan,Oyo State!
BLACK WOOLLY HAIR IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HAIR IN THE WORLD! #1-JORDAN DUNN ON THE COVER OF VOGUE BRASIL,FEB. 2016January 25, 2016
BLACK WOOLLY HAIR COVER OF JOURDAN DUNN ON VOGUE BRASIL,FEB. ISSUE,2016
Brazil’s February 2016 cover by Zee Nunes [covers]
About Jourdan Dunn
Jourdan Dunn is a model and a mother. Known for her fun personality and hardworking attitude as much as her timeless beauty, she has worked on campaigns for Burberry and Saint Laurent, appeared on numerous Vogue covers and has walked in shows from Christian Dior to Victoria’s Secret.
- Dunn was born in 1990 in Greenford, West London, where she grew up with her receptionist mother and her two younger brothers, Antoine and Kain.
- Dunn was scouted by Storm Models, aged 14, in the Hammersmith branch of Primark. Within a year of being signed, she made her catwalk debut walking for Marc Jacobs at New York Fashion Week. Soon after, she walked for Ralph Lauren and fronted campaigns for Topshop and Oxfam.
- 2008 was Dunn’s year. She landed her first Vogue Italia cover for their legendary Black Issue, gracing the front page with Naomi Campbell, Chanel Iman and Liya Kebedo. A few months later, she closed the Issa show walking with Campbell and Daniella Issa Helayel herself. She said of the experience: “words cannot describe how it felt…I want to relive it all.”
- In October 2008, she made her debut on the cover of British Vogue, alongside Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Eden Clarke. Shot by Patrick Demarchelier, the young models graced the cover representing different types of beauty. Alexandra Shulman explained that Dunn was chosen because she was, “the cool face of young black beauty.”
- Dunn won Model of the Year at the 2008 British Fashion Awards. Supermodel Erin O’Connor wrote for Vogue.co.uk that watching Dunn pick up the award was her, “favourite moment of the evening” because of the young model’s endearing surprise at winning the award.
- Aged 18, Dunn discovered she was pregnant with boyfriend of five years, Jordan Cummings. She kept her pregnancy quiet for almost six months, but then went on to show off her baby bump when walking for Jean Paul Gaultier at her seven-month mark. She has spoken about how supportive the fashion industry was during and after her pregnancy, telling Sunday Times Style: “this is a good career for a working mother.”
- Dunn gave birth to her son, Riley in December 2009 and returned to the catwalk just 10 weeks after giving birth, walking for Aquascutum in a simple, belted trench.
- Dunn has spoken out about Riley’s sickle cell anaemia and how she wants to use her high-profile position to raise awareness of the disorder; she supports the Sickle Cell Society through fundraising and charity events.
- She regularly praises her mother for being her main support in helping to raise her young son. Although she is no longer with Cummings, she has said that Riley has a great relationship with his father.
- In February 2011, Dunn – alongside male model Sacha M’Baye – became the face of the spring/summer 2011 Burberry campaign.
- Dunn was a part of the London 2012 Olympics closing ceremony in a celebration of British fashion. She posed, with David Gandy, in a Jonathon Saunders dress and Stephen Jones headpiece.
- Alongside her many fashion endeavours, Dunn has also starred in her own cooking show, Well Dunn By Jourdan Dunn, on Jay-Z’s Youtube channel and has appeared in numerous music videos for both Beyonce and Jessie J.
- Dunn announced in 2013 that she would be temporarily moving from London to New York for work. She is a firm favourite to work with in the modelling world for her vibrant and down-to-earth personality and is regularly seen socialising with fellow models Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls.
- For the second issue of Miss Vogue, Dunn appeared on the cover, telling us: “Sometimes I feel so guilty about missing out on everything, but I have to remember that I am doing this for [my son], for his future…”
- In March 2014, Dunn spoke at The Vogue Festival. She discussed her first trip to New York: “I was 16. My mobile bill was crazy because I was just on the phone to my mum every day; crying and complaining, then some more crying and more complaining.”