article via bbc.com A Brazilian teacher has come up with a unique way to help a schoolgirl who was being bullied because of her hair. Ana Barbara Ferreira, from Sao Paulo, Brazil, said her student was “sad” after being ridiculed by a boy, who had said her hair was “ugly”. “At that moment, the only […]
Posts Tagged ‘WOOLLY HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL’
BRAZIL OOOOOO!!!!BLACK IN BRAZIL OOOO!!!-TEACHER CHANGES TO BLACK HAIRSTYLE TO SUPPORT BULLIED STUDENT ATTACKED BECAUSE OF HER WOOLLY HAIR!!!-FROM GOOD BLACK NEWS.COMMarch 31, 2017
BLACK WOOLLY HAIR IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HAIR IN THE WORLD! #1-JORDAN DUNN ON THE COVER OF VOGUE BRASIL,FEB. 2016January 25, 2016
BLACK WOOLLY HAIR COVER OF JOURDAN DUNN ON VOGUE BRASIL,FEB. ISSUE,2016
Brazil’s February 2016 cover by Zee Nunes [covers]
About Jourdan Dunn
Jourdan Dunn is a model and a mother. Known for her fun personality and hardworking attitude as much as her timeless beauty, she has worked on campaigns for Burberry and Saint Laurent, appeared on numerous Vogue covers and has walked in shows from Christian Dior to Victoria’s Secret.
- Dunn was born in 1990 in Greenford, West London, where she grew up with her receptionist mother and her two younger brothers, Antoine and Kain.
- Dunn was scouted by Storm Models, aged 14, in the Hammersmith branch of Primark. Within a year of being signed, she made her catwalk debut walking for Marc Jacobs at New York Fashion Week. Soon after, she walked for Ralph Lauren and fronted campaigns for Topshop and Oxfam.
- 2008 was Dunn’s year. She landed her first Vogue Italia cover for their legendary Black Issue, gracing the front page with Naomi Campbell, Chanel Iman and Liya Kebedo. A few months later, she closed the Issa show walking with Campbell and Daniella Issa Helayel herself. She said of the experience: “words cannot describe how it felt…I want to relive it all.”
- In October 2008, she made her debut on the cover of British Vogue, alongside Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Eden Clarke. Shot by Patrick Demarchelier, the young models graced the cover representing different types of beauty. Alexandra Shulman explained that Dunn was chosen because she was, “the cool face of young black beauty.”
- Dunn won Model of the Year at the 2008 British Fashion Awards. Supermodel Erin O’Connor wrote for Vogue.co.uk that watching Dunn pick up the award was her, “favourite moment of the evening” because of the young model’s endearing surprise at winning the award.
- Aged 18, Dunn discovered she was pregnant with boyfriend of five years, Jordan Cummings. She kept her pregnancy quiet for almost six months, but then went on to show off her baby bump when walking for Jean Paul Gaultier at her seven-month mark. She has spoken about how supportive the fashion industry was during and after her pregnancy, telling Sunday Times Style: “this is a good career for a working mother.”
- Dunn gave birth to her son, Riley in December 2009 and returned to the catwalk just 10 weeks after giving birth, walking for Aquascutum in a simple, belted trench.
- Dunn has spoken out about Riley’s sickle cell anaemia and how she wants to use her high-profile position to raise awareness of the disorder; she supports the Sickle Cell Society through fundraising and charity events.
- She regularly praises her mother for being her main support in helping to raise her young son. Although she is no longer with Cummings, she has said that Riley has a great relationship with his father.
- In February 2011, Dunn – alongside male model Sacha M’Baye – became the face of the spring/summer 2011 Burberry campaign.
- Dunn was a part of the London 2012 Olympics closing ceremony in a celebration of British fashion. She posed, with David Gandy, in a Jonathon Saunders dress and Stephen Jones headpiece.
- Alongside her many fashion endeavours, Dunn has also starred in her own cooking show, Well Dunn By Jourdan Dunn, on Jay-Z’s Youtube channel and has appeared in numerous music videos for both Beyonce and Jessie J.
- Dunn announced in 2013 that she would be temporarily moving from London to New York for work. She is a firm favourite to work with in the modelling world for her vibrant and down-to-earth personality and is regularly seen socialising with fellow models Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls.
- For the second issue of Miss Vogue, Dunn appeared on the cover, telling us: “Sometimes I feel so guilty about missing out on everything, but I have to remember that I am doing this for [my son], for his future…”
- In March 2014, Dunn spoke at The Vogue Festival. She discussed her first trip to New York: “I was 16. My mobile bill was crazy because I was just on the phone to my mum every day; crying and complaining, then some more crying and more complaining.”